Thursday, May 8, 2008

A different sort of recipe :)

I'm really trying to make more of a conscious effort lately to use *truly* green cleaning products and have found that may mean just sucking it up and making some (which is fine by me - it's like a science project!) I've been using baking soda and vinegar to clean some things for a long time but decided to take it one step further.
These are totally cheap which is great given that the economy is in the toilet at the moment (I'll spare you my liberal comments on that!)
I just made this yesterday and used it to clean the kitchen counters, sink, and then the shower! Made a little more than I really wanted but oh well! :)
It smells great and is completely non-toxic - it won't harm you, your kids, your pets, or our earth :)

Eco-Friendly *Soft Scrub* (not to be confused with the store-bought Soft Scrub that's full of carginogenic who-knows-what-they're-doing-to-your-lungs chemicals.. bleh!)

1/2 cup baking soda
Liquid castille soap (I especially love Dr. Bronner's since they're local to me) or enviro-friendly dishwashing liquid (I like Ecover or Seventh Generation)

Mix the baking soda and soap until you get a substance that's the consistency of frosting. Put a blob on a sponge and apply a little elbow grease!

Mother Nature will thank you! And, think of all the karma points you'll be racking up! :)

Reference:
This was from the the Non-Toxic Cleaning Kit I found on the Care2 website. I plan on trying out the other stuff this weekend! Yeay - cleaning is *almost* fun again. OK, maybe not *fun* but at least I won't die doing it now!

No comments: