Thursday, May 1, 2008

The beginnings of my herb garden!

I got a mint plant last night! yeay :) So excited - I've been looking forward to really starting a small herb collection this year so this will really help get that in motion.
I had gone over to my parents' house last night to drop off some things I had borrowed and to pick some fresh rosemary and my mom says "oh, do you want one of these mints?" Lol - I thought she was offering me a piece of candy. ;) They had 4 or 5 big mint plants so I was not about to say no to free mint! Hurray!

Now I have to search for recipes to use it all with!
Don't worry, I won't be planting it - I know how it will take over the entire garden... we only have a small yard but I'm having a heck of a time coming up with ways to use this pot of mint... there is no way I want to deal with 100 square feet of it! ;)

Guess it's mojitos with dinner tonight :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just started my herb garden, too. I planted dill, java mint, lemon mint and Vietnamese coriander. And I can't wait to use them. I'm planning on getting more.

Yesterday, I tried my java mint for the first time, nope not mojitos but with watermelon. Really refreshing!

Gay

Jen said...

Oh I'd love to do an herb garden. Damn cats would mess with it big time. A mint plant would be nice!