Saturday, February 9, 2008

Weekly Menu

Here's my all-vegetarian menu for the week of February 10-15 - I'll also post what I'll make for the meat-eater ;)

Sunday - Chunky Vegetable-Bean Soup; Hubby will have chili with beef. I have some cornbread in the freezer which I think will go great with my soup so I'll warm that up, too.

Monday - Tomato and Parmesan Strata, salad, cooked baby carrots. Margarita salmon, salad, carrots for hubby (actually, carrots do not go with that salmon at all! I'll have to come up with plan B).

Tuesday - Cheese enchiladas for me (I'll probably add bell peppers, tomato, etc to fill up with something other than cheese); chicken enchiladas for hubby. Probably a salad with those.

Wednesday - Calzones made with Trader Joe's pizza dough. This will be my first attempt at calzones so I'm excited :) I'm going to make home-made sauce and fill mine with cheese, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Hubby will have pepperoni, cheese, and turkey (shhh! He doesn't have to know it's turkey!) Italian sausage.

Thursday - I'm stealing someone's idea for Valentine's Day dinner :) I'm afraid I didn't write down the name but it was a woman on the Nest. I thought this had to be about the cutest thing ever... Living Room Picnic :) We will have crusty breads, cheeses, some nice deli meats for hubby, grapes, strawberries (I may make some chocolate-covered ones if I'm feeling adventurous), crunchy veggies, and some champagne. I'm also planning a key-lime pie for dessert.

Friday - Cannelloni with salsa verde for me. No clue what hubby will have :) Maybe tacos...

No comments: