Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New Cooking Toys!

Hooray! I love kitchen gadgets - it's really a bit nuts but I do use them all, and on a regular basis, I might add! :) Try and pester me about them all you want hubby, it won't work! hee hee... and really, who's kitchen is it anyway?! ;)

I've had this Bed, Bath, and Beyond gift card in my wallet for almost a year and a half now... good thing those don't expire! Finally figured out what to get with it. I had been toying with the idea of getting a slow cooker but really couldn't figure out what the heck to make in it so I went with a mandoline and a Microplane grater. Yeay! I really think I could do everything that I can do with these tools using my blender, food processor, and various types of graters but oh well - I had a gift card to get rid of!

Can't wait to use them! I'm making myself this margherita sandwich panini thing for dinner so I'll use that as excuse to baptize the mandoline with my tomato. ;) And maybe I'll use the Microplane to grate some Parm for my split pea and lentil soup that I'll be having with the sandwich... yum! :)

No comments: