This is the whole-wheat bread recipe I used in the Vegan Stuffing/Dressing recipe below. It's just the recipe from my bread machine recipe book - turned out great and worked really well in the dressing!
1 5/8 cups water
1/3 cup packed brown sugar (I use the "cruelty-free" stuff that specifies it's safe for vegan cooking. Raw sugar may be a suitable option for this recipe).
2 tsp. salt
4 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
3 tsp. active dry yeast
1. Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan. Your water should be between 115 and 125 degrees F.
2. Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan.
3. Use your finger to form a shallow hole in the flour where you will pour in the yeast. Yeast must not come in contact with a liquid while you are adding ingredients. Measure the yeast and carefully pour it into the hole.
4. Place the baking pan into the bread maker and close the lid.
5. Select the Whole Wheat setting and desired crust colour. Press start. This bread took about 4 hours to make including prep time (it needs 3 hours and 40 minutes in the bread maker). Make sure you leave enough time for the bread to "dry out" overnight if you are using this to make a dressing or stuffing.
This recipe came from the little book that came with my Oster 2lb. EXPRESSBAKE (TM) Breadmaker.