Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tag! I'm It!

Cara got me! http://carascravings.blogspot.com/
Here are the rules since I'm tagging you now! :)
Each player starts with seven random facts or habits about himself or herself. A tagged player then writes a blog entry with the seven things, as well as these rules. Then the player tags seven others and lists their names on his or her blog. Remember to leave a comment for your newly tagged players, letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog!

Seven random facts/habits about me:
1. I was born and grew up in a rural area of Northern England (The Lake District). Moved to San Diego when I was 13 but I'm still a British citizen...

2. I have never tried gnocchi or polenta... but from what I hear, I am seriously missing out! lol

3. I used to be a vegetarian but my hubbers is a total carnivore (boo!) so I slowly started adding meat back into my diet when we got engaged... I felt so wrong about it for the longest time! I still will not eat red meat, most shellfish (I do love shrimp and crab cakes, though! lol), any pork products, and some other types of fish.

4. DH would tell you I'm a bit "crunchy granola" ;) It's ok, I take it as a compliment! :) Yes, I pull cans and paper out of the trash can after he throws them in.. and he gets "the look" for doing it! hee hee ;)

5. As crunchy granola and green as I may be, I have to confess that I LOVE old American muscle cars... God! I would die if an old 60-something Camaro showed up in my garage - one of the ones with the really loud throaty V8 engine... mmm ;) Heaven on wheels! lol

6. I'm a teacher but I don't "teach"... I have a bit of a weird job! I work for a charter school and my students are homeschooled. I have an elementary school (multiple subject) credential, but because their school work is all "self-contained" I can work with kids in grades K-12. I never thought I would like to work with teenagers, but my high school students are my favourites! Their work is so dynamic and you can actually hold a half-decent conversation with them! :) I love what I do - I get to work one-on-one with the kids and their families and you really get to know them (I have a student who's going in to second grade next year, he's been my student since he was in kinder and I can work with him until he graduates if he stays with the school! How cool is that?!) I do miss a lot of things about the classroom setting (I worked in regular teaching settings for 5 years/been at my current job 3), but there are definitely things I don't miss! :)

7. ooh number 6 was a long one! I was painfully shy when I was a kid... (but for whatever reason, I loved to act and was very involved in theater projects! huh..) Now; however, I love to talk and get up and give speeches. I love debating stuff. I'm not sure when it happened (I think it was around 10th grade), but all of a sudden I just totally gave up caring what people think and turned into this outgoing person. It was so liberating to let other people's snarky crap go! ;)

OK, tag! I am now tagging you - One Tiny Pink Kitchen, Jessy, Elizabeth, Jessica, Tara, Rachel, and Carrie :) Have fun ladies!!

No comments: