Monday, July 9, 2007

Oven-Crisp Potato Wedges

These make a great side dish - a nice alternative to French fries.

I just made these a second time this week and hubby said "you know, those are really really good... but I bet they'd be even better fried!" Ha! He knows I don't like to fry foods (much as I love her, I'm no Paula Deen!) so he will have to put up with them baked. They are really good, though! I honestly don't think frying would make them any better...

Serves 4 (I halved it and just made enough for 2)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 tsp. finely minced garlic
3/4 tsp. coarse salt (sea salt or kosher salt will work well)
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper


Method:
Preheat oven to 525 degrees (since I halved the recipe, I set my oven to 500).

1. Quarter the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over them and toss well to coat. Sprinkle the potatoes with the garlic, salt, paprika, and pepper; toss to coat.

2. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with fat-free cooking spray. Arrange the potatoes on the sheet. Roast for 20 minute
s (I gave mine a little less), turning twice during cooking.

3. Raise the oven temperature to Broil and broil the potatoes until they are crispy - about 1-2 minutes.

Here they are served with spicy chicken and salsa/broccoli:



No comments: